Also see: www.TravelAdventures08.blogspot.com; www.TravelAdventures09.blogspot.com; www.TravelAdventures10.blogspot.com
Friday, October 28, 2011
October 22 Canyon of the Ancients National Monument
This afternoon we went to the Canyon of the Ancients. It's just been upgraded to a National Monument, so the roads were paved, gravel and then dirt by the time we got there. We started late, so we only got to one part of it.
This was the Pueblo ruins. There was on low door (3rd picture) to get inside the remaining standing building. We couldn't go far, but it was interesting.
Coming out, I bumped my head on that low door jam - HARD. I almost caught my balance when I stumbled on a rock in front of the door. (Also seen in 3rd picture) I fell on my knees and face. There was nothing graceful about my fall. I'm still not sure if Jim pushed me or not (NOT).
My face . . . what can I say. This picture is enough...
I scratched my glasses. They will drive me crazy until I get home and replace them. My knees hurt and it's hard to walk. But other than all that, I'm fine. It'll be interesting to hear the comments from our customers.
Also, the first thing Jim noticed when we got back to the motel was that someone took our extension cord from the trailer. That was kind of the last straw on an otherwise perfect day.
I did take a few pictures of weeds that I thought was pretty,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment